On Thursday, February 23, I've been invited to speak to the sixth-grade at Pitman Middle school to discuss the writing process and my middle-grade novel, Kira the Rainbow Princess.
I can't wait to meet the students and answer all of their questions!
It's been a little over a month since Kira the Rainbow Princess was released on Amazon and we've received a number of positive reviews. Here's a sampling of what some of your fellow Kira-fans had to say:
"Pink hair, adventure, and zombies... what's not to love? Kira the Rainbow Princess is a fun and exciting read for both kids and adults!" -- Jaclyn
"I have been reading Kira the Rainbow Princess to my daughters age 8 and 5. The story is entertaining and appropriate. My girls are both enjoying it!" -- Amy
"The story is great for young and old! We can't wait for the next installment!" -- Anonymous
"It's a great conversation starter to discuss anything from dealing with bullies to eating veggies. All the characters are solid in their own way - even the zombies." -- Bird
"A book filled with life-lessons, my favorite being we are all perfectly imperfect and still have a purpose. Great book, a MUST READ!" -- Michael
And I would love to add your voices to the conversation. If you've had the opportunity to read Kira the Rainbow Princess, you can leave an HONEST review on Amazon by following this link: AMAZON REVIEW
Thanks for all of your excitment for Kira and your support for my writing. I'm looking forward to the new year and all the adventures waiting in 2017!
I have a HUGE favor to ask of everyone I know.
As you are aware, my newest novel Kira the Rainbow Princess is now available on Amazon. I self-published through Amazon and their subsidiary company Create Space taking advantage of their KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) program. The beautiful part of self-publishing on Amazon is that they take care of 99% of promotions by simply recommending my novel to their patrons.
So why do I need your help if Amazon is doing all the work?
A major factor in Amazon's promtional algorithm is USER RATING and REVIEWS! Makes sense, right? The more customers like a product and have good things to say, the more likely Amazon is to recommend that product to other customers . . .
So, if you are one of the lucky, precious few who have read Kira the Rainbow Princess, would you please do me the enormous favor of writing an HONEST review on Amazon.
Tell the people what you loved! Tell them what you hated. And give Kira a rating that you feel is justified.
This is the single biggest thing anyone can do to help make Kira a success!
Here's a helpful link to explain how to post a review on Amazon.
And, as always, thanks for your support.
For a very limited time, the e-book versions of ANOM: Awakening and Kira the Rainbow Princess will be available through Amazon for free!
This offer expires on Monday, November 28th.
Share with your friends and find out what all the buzz is about. It literally will cost you NOTHING!
You can buy the books here.
The launch party for Kira the Rainbow Princess is less than a month away! This is the place to find the answers to all of your questions.
1. WHERE: The party will be held at Alaura Kitchen and Candy at 36 South Broadway, Pitman, NJ 08071 (you can check out the map below).
2. WHEN: The party will be on Saturday, December 10th from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. We're hoping it feels like an "open house" so please show up at any time between 2 and 4, and stay as long as you like!
3. CAN I BUY YOUR BOOK: Absolutely! We will have paperback copies of my book for sale at the launch party! The book will cost $10.00 and we will accept both cash and major credit cards. However, the book will also be available for sale from Amazon.com beginning on November 25th, so feel free to purchase your copy ahead of time and bring it to the party!
4. WHAT ELSE WILL WE DO: At 2:30 and again at 3:30 I'll take a break from signing to read excerpts from my book. After the readings, there will be a brief question and answer period so I can field all of your questions regarding my writing and the adventures of Kira the Rainbow Princess. There will also be door prizes and free ice cream.
5. WHAT KIND OF DOOR PRIZES: We're going to give away gift cards to 4 local Pitman businesses. Four lucky winners will receive a $10 gift card to either Alaura Kitchen and Candy, The Wind Change, Crossroad Comics and Collectibles, or Dia De Los Burritos. We will also be giving away a limited number of "SNUGG" teddy bears to some of our younger visitors (ages 12 and under).
6. WAIT A MINUTE. DID YOU SAY FREE ICE CREAM: YES!!! Everyone who comes to the launch party will get 1 free scoop of ice cream from Alaura Kitchen and Candy. And there's a rumor that Patrick and Michelle are working on a brand new flavor just for our launch party! This is our way of saying "thank you" for supporting the launch of my new novel.
7. ICE CREAM IS NICE, BUT I REALLY WANT A T-SHIRT: You are in luck! A limited number of t-shirts will be sold at the launch party. Shirts will cost $12.00 and will be available in men's crew neck, women's v-neck, and kids sizes. You can check out the design on the front of the shirt here.
8. WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PARTY: Throughout the party, we will be going live on Facebook to share the festivities. You can expect to see the live readings on Facebook at 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. There will also be an exclusive online reading at 5:30! Check out my Facebook page here to get notifications regarding our Facebook Live events!
And that about covers it. If you have any additional questions, please leave them in the comments. Otherwise, I hope to see you all at the launch party on December 10th!
Mark your calendars!
We are going to celebrate the launch of Kira, the Rainbow Princess on December 10, 2016 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Alaura Kitchen and Candy in Pitman, NJ.
The book will be available through Amazon on November 25, 2016 (Black Friday) and two weeks later we'll celebrate the launch at Alaura's with a book signing, live readings by the author, raffle prizes, and a free scoop of ice cream.
More details will follow in the coming weeks, but we would love to have you join us!
Kira, the Rainbow Princess will be available for purchase from Amazon on November 25, 2016!
I sent the manuscript away to Invisible Ink Editing on Tuesday, November 18th and received the edited copy back yesterday! I honestly wasn't expecting it until early November, so this was a great surprise.
Here's what my editor, Liam Carnahan, had to say, "I know you probably weren't expecting it yet, but the manuscript was very neat and tidy, so much of the mechanical editing I would normally do simply wasn't necessary. I wish more of the manuscripts that came across my desk were this clean! This was a fun and very unique story, and a big departure from ANOM: Awakening (though you definitely have established a solid voice as an author, which is a good thing)."
So Kira will be available for purchase on BLACK FRIDAY (November 25, 2016) making it the perfect holiday gift.
We're also planning to host a launch party on December 10, 2016 in Pitman, NJ . . . so mark your calendars because you're all invited!
More information will be forthcoming, so check back early and often to stay up-to-date with Kira, the Rainbow Princess.
Hey everybody! Next week I would like to answer your questions about Kira, the Rainbow Princess. So, if there's anything you want to know about the story, characters, or the writing process . . . please post a question on the contact page of my website.
As always, thanks for your support.
I've already chosen the cover art for my new middle-grade fantasy novel Kira, the Rainbow Princess. Our artist, Kike Alapont, actually made the decision pretty easy! Check it out. . .
I've been saying all week that it feels like my novel is slowly gaining momentum.
When we released ANOM: Awakening just over a month ago there was an initial rush of interest. I chalked this up to the support of friends and family coupled with offering the e-book for FREE for the first 5 days (People love free stuff. Watch them at a Phillies game when the Phanatic comes out with the Hot Dog cannon. People lose their ever-loving-minds!)
But after those first five days, interest in my book plummeted . . . like stepping off a cliff!
Now things are changing again. It really started over a week ago when we cracked the top 100 superhero e-books on Amazon. Ever since, it feels like ANOM: Awakening has been on a slow burn -- like when Wile E. Coyote lights the trail of black powder in his cartoons -- and it's all leading to something big.
It's hard to offer proof of what I'm talking about. It's more of a feeling. But every so often you catch a glimpse of a way-post -- a sign showing where you've been and hopefully where you're heading. Today is one of those days.
As of this writing, ANOM: Awakening currently ranks #28 among superhero e-books on Amazon!
I'm not sure what you're all doing to make this happen. If you're telling friends, or writing reviews, or simply loaning someone your copy of the book so they can read it for themselves. . . but whatever you're doing, please keep it up!
Success as a writer is entirely dependent on you, the reader, so let me say it again: Thank you!